Carbon steel pipe is the most common use piping material in different industries served for construction, structural, liquid transmissions for water, oil and gas. Typical carbon steel pipe material grades in API 5L Grade B, X42 to X70, ASTM A106 B, ASTM A53 B, ASTM A252 Grade 3 and ASTM A333 Grade 6 etc.
SunnySteel offers various of carbon steel pipes including seamless, welded (ERW EFW, LSAW, SSAW) steel pipes for the mining industries.
Carbon Steel Pipe Price
Carbon steel pipe price at 800 to 1600 USD per Metric Ton FOB China, depending on different grade and dimension.
Carbon Steel Pipe Standards and Grades (Seamless and Welded)
- ASTM A106 Gr. B in Seamless (Differences between ASTM A106 and A53 pipe)
- ASTM A53 Gr. A, B in Seamless, Welded ERW, and Zinc coated, hot-dipped galvanized steel pipe
- ASTM A179 Gr. C in Seamless (For seamless cold drawn low carbon steel heat-exchanger and condenser tubes)
- ASTM A192 (For seamless carbon steel boiler tubes for high-pressure service)
- ASTM A252 (For welded and seamless steel pipe piles)
- ASTM A333 GR. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (For seamless and welded steel pipe for low-temperature service and other applications with required notch toughness)
- ASTM A134 and ASTM A135 (For electric resistance welded ERW steel pipes)
- API 5L Pipe, ISO 3183 / API 5L Gr. A, B, X42, X46, X52, X56, X60, X65, X70, X80 in seamless and welded (LSAW, SSAW, ERW) steel pipe, for petroleum and natural gas industries, steel
pipe for pipeline transportation systems.
- DIN 2440 seamless and welded steel pipes applies to medium-weight tubes suitable for screwing. (DIN2444 Zinc coated steel tubes, for hot galvanizing)
- CSZ Z245 Seamless and ERW welded pipe (low-frequency electric welded pipe excluded), SAW steel pipe that intended for oil and gas pipeline systems.
- NBR 8261 Cold-Drawn, Cold-form, welded steel pipe, in circular cross-section, square or rectangular, applied to structural purposes.
- AWWA C-200 for steel water pipe
More standards material available in case special requirement
Carbon Steel Pipe for Mineral Slurry
Mineral and slurry pipe is for the line pipe that applied in mining industries. A slurry pipeline is designated to transmit ores (Iron, Coal materials), or the industry mining waste, we called the pipeline as taillings. And generally these steel pipes connected in a long distances. Above materials mixed with water, we call slurry. People will use pumps to transport to the final destination then water will be filtered out. Since slurry contained different materials some with abrasive properties, so the pipe could be coated with 3PE, FBE layers to against from corrosion.
Both carbon steel pipe in seamless or welded could be used for the transmission of the slurry. So there is a wide range of material and standards available options to suit for the special working conditions.
What is most common used material for the mineral and slurry pipe.
ASTM A106 pipe
ASTM 106 pipe refers to the carbon steel pipe manufactured in hot rolled or cold drawn (rolled) seamless. ASTM A106 standard specification covers the seamless pipe that applied in high temperature services. As a result, it could used to carry the fluids (water, oil and gas, slurry), it is an important material for mining industries.
ASTM A53 pipe
ASTM A53 pipe covers welded and seamless steel pipe, in carbon black material and some cases in hot dipped galvanized (zinc coated). This is a basic pipe material, and it’s performances and prices also similar to ASTM A106B, or API 5L B. (We saw some pipes that they these three standards marked, call “Three standards steel pipe” ). So we say A53 pipe also is widely used in mining and slurry services.
Coating types for carbon steel pipe against corrosion environments
In order to increase the resistance of steel pipe in corrosion environment, Octal offers different types of coating systems to protect against from the corrosive and abrasion break.
3PE coated, 3 layer Polyethylene coating
FBE coated, Fusion bonded epoxy coating
(Check here to find out differences between 3PE and FBE.)
Zinc coated, Hot dipped galvanized steel pipe, cold electric galvanized
Solid, CRA, Clad and lined pipes, Cladding and lining alloy steel material on the carbon steel material
Our supply range for black carbon steel pipe
Outer Diameter: 1/8” to 60” (10.3mm to 1500mm)
Thickness: SCH10 to SCH160 (2.11mm to50.01mm, 0.083” to 2”)
Length: SRL, DRL, 20FT, 40FT, from 5 meter to 18meters, or customized.
Ends process: Plain Ends, Beveled Ends,Threaded Ends
Outside Coating: Blacking painting, Varnished, FBE, 3pp, 3PE/3LPE, Polyethylene layers coating